Denise Lim was admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in November 2018. Prior to that she read in the chambers of Messrs Thomas Philip where she was exposed to primarily civil and corporate litigation before subsequently joining Kee Sern Siu & Huey.
Legal experience and expertise
- Assisted counsel in various areas of family law including contentious and non-contentious divorce matters, including matters involving custody disputes, maintenance claims, matrimonial asset division and domestic violence.
- Assisted counsel in contentious probate proceedings.
- Assisted counsel in disputes regarding the breach and performance of contracts and the sale and supply of goods.
- Assisted counsel and acted in debt recovery actions and actions involving breach of fiduciary duties by a director and shareholder.
- Acted for creditors in winding up petitions against debtors.
- Assisted counsel in judicial review proceedings against decisions by the housing minister to grant extensions of time for delivery of vacant possession to the Court of Appeal and Federal Court.
- Acted for individuals defending against claims by the Employees’ Provident Fund Board and to bring in third parties for indemnity against such claims.
- Acted for SMEs in actions brought in the small claims court by private individuals.
- Assisted counsel in proceedings brought for the execution of judgment debts, including garnishee proceedings and judgment debtor summons.