CHEONG KHAI ZE
LLB (HONS) (LONDON), CLP
ADVOCATE & SOLICITOR OF THE HIGH COURT OF MALAYA
Cheong Khai Ze was admitted to the High Court of Malaya as an Advocate & Solicitor in January 2021. He read in the chambers of Messrs Kee Sern, Siu & Huey in 2020 and joined the firm as a legal associate in 2021 with the Family, Probate & Trusts Department.
Khai Ze’s area of practice focuses on both contentious and non-contentious family and estate litigation. He is experienced in acting for, advising and assisting in various matters including divorce, adoption, child custody disputes, asset division, citizenship applications, Wills and Trust and estate planning. Khai Ze is also fluent in Mandarin and able to assist Chinese speaking clients.
- Assisted counsel, acted and advised clients in various areas of family law including contentious and non-contentious divorces, custody disputes, division of matrimonial assets, maintenance claims and settlement negotiations.
- Advised, acted for clients and assisted counsel in contentious and non-contentious estate matters, including probate proceedings, applications for grant of probate and letters of administration in the High Court, applications to obtain leave of Court for sale of properties, small estate matters, administration of estates and applications for estate accounts and inventories.
- Acted for clients in adoption proceedings.
- Assisted counsel and acted for clients in contempt proceedings
- Assisted counsel and acted for clients in employment disputes in the Industrial Court.
- Assisted counsel and acted for clients in general litigation matters including debt recovery and order for sale.
- Bail applications.
- Attending to the preparations of Wills, Trusts and Deeds of Gift.
- Acted for clients in overseas birth registration and citizenship applications.
- Transmission & transfer of Estate properties.
- Attending to the preparation of sale and purchase agreements, loan documentation in relation to the sale of properties.